Monday, February 1, 2010

Tune Into: Heroes

The first season as a seemingly ordinary group of people gradually become aware that they have special abilities. Events illustrate their reactions to these powers, and how the discovery affects their personal and professional lives. At the same time, several ordinary individuals are investigating the origins and extent of these abilities. Mohinder Suresh, a geneticist, continues his late father's research into the biological source of the change, while Noah Bennett represents a secret organization known only as "The Company". While coping with these new abilities, each of the characters is drawn, willingly or unwillingly, into the Company's conspiracy to control super-powered people and into a race to stop an explosion from
destroying New York City.


I'll admit, I originally started watching this show because I'm a little bit obsessed with the new Star Trek movie, and I knew that Zachary Quinto played a character in Heroes. I usually like watching tv at all, and tend to get bored very quickly, but needless to say Heroes was a pleasant surprise. I know a friend on mine was turned off by how many characters there are, but I loved that about the show - I found that I never got bored because there was always something interesting happening to someone. The show itself if extremely character driven, with the plot (which, I will admit, is nothing special) taking a back seat to seeing these characters grow and change as they become accustomed to their new powers. Mohinder and Peter are probably my two favourites, though a part of me really wants to love Sylar as well, despite the fact that he's ridiculously creepy. Anyways, it's an awesome show and I would highly recommend watching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment