Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Toronto Trip

For us university kids we get this week off for reading week, which is really nice. I spent my first three days in Toronto with my cousin Jess, and our friend Emily who took the train up from Ottawa. It was lots of fun. After arriving at out hotel and dropping off our stuff we went in search of of food, and I got a delicious chicken and strawberry sandwich. It sounds a like a weird combination (and it actually is) but it's also a very delicious one. We then went for a (cold) walk and I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk to take pictures of pigeons:

This one was a funny colour and I thought it was very pretty. After all of us were thoroughly frozen, we returned to the hotel room to doll ourselves up for a night out. (I, of course, made everyone model for pictures)


We had a fun night out at a pub, in which we played pool and talked to a whole bunch interesting people. Jessie was hit on by a very drunk Irish boy, and I enjoyed showing off my (not very) formidable pool skills. The next day was rather uneventful, and we spend most of it walking around and shopping. I got to go the World's Biggest Bookstore, and emerged with two new books and Scrabble (because that's exactly how cool I am). That night we had a delicious dinner of pizza and sushi.
And we watched Law Abiding Citizen, and played Scrabble. This is what all 19 year olds do on vacation in downtown Toronto, right? Monday was equally uneventful, but also lots of fun. We went shopping and then everyone had to catch their buses/trains/subways home. I enjoyed listening to Zachary Quinto narrate the Star Trek audiobook on the way home. I never thought I'd actually like audiobooks, but I'm actually finding that it's a nice way to pass the time on buses and such.

So, that was my weekend. What did you guys do?

No comments:

Post a Comment